Monday, February 15, 2016

SUN!

We've had a horrible inversion layer this month so far. We've also had fog that has turned the trees "white" in the morning with the cold temperatures. It has been looking so depressing and dreary. Cloud cover for maybe 2 weeks at least. I can now imagine, kind of, what Lehi saw in his dream when he talks about the "dark and dreary wilderness." 

Well, today started off the same way, minus the fog, which was nice. And THEN at 4:15 or so, the sun made its appearance through the clouds! Hallelujah! I couldn't believe it! It was so beautiful! It was 49 degrees! I hurried and grabbed the bubbles so we could enjoy the sun for as long as we could! Oh, it was glorious! Oh, it was beautiful! Oh, how I want it to be spring! I felt ALIVE! It was such a great blessing for us today!



Maia had dance this afternoon so she missed the bubble party. However, she wanted to drive by the snow sculptures after dance, so we did. There's a house about 4 blocks from us that has these snow sculptures out in front. Some guy sculpts and then spray paints his sculptures for everyone to see. It's so cool. I love that he does it for free and for fun. This really is "Art City". This mermaid is his latest. Earlier this winter he had a woman on a motorcycle, a snake, an owl, and a couple of other things.


Anyway, today was a great day!!!

2 comments:

Joseph & Tracy Larsen said...

so fun to see what you are up to. thanks for the posts!

Emily said...

Tracy! I didn't know anyone looked at this. Ha! I've decided to start up again after trying to find some pictures of my kids and realized how much fun it was to read our experiences. I forget a lot of detail.